Fire Engine Photos
1942 Bedford OY Water Tender
Built as a military drinking water carrier,this vehicle went to Alderney in the Channel Islands during1945.In 1947 it was acquired by the States of Guernsey Airport,fitted with a Coventry Climax pump,and used as a fire tender, The engine was a Bedford 6cyl 28hp petrol engine. In 1972 it was transferred to Alderney Airport,where it worked until finally being withdrawn from service in 1977. Now lovingly preserved,this photograph was taken at the Amberley Working Museum Fi re Show in 2007.
Picture added on 17 November 2007