Norwich City Fire Station - 49yrs of 77yr history
Taken on Tue 23rd August 2011 - the day before the station finaly closed its doors.
A line-up which show 3 different generations of vehicles which all turned out from the here.
The Morris Ambulance and Dennis F27 TL served together during the 60's (the TL until 1983), the Mercedes 1124 ET - now TRU (Mercedes 1222 & 1124 Wrls from late 80s) and the more modern Scania P270.
The Mercedes TRU and Scania Wrl have now moved to the new station at Carrow, along with the foam and boat trailers.
There is planning permision for the upper floors to be converted into flats and the ground floor into offices/retail. The frontage of the station is historicaly listed and will have to remain the same (even keeping "FIRE STATION" above the doors).
Picture added on 30 August 2011 at 09:04