Shelvoke & Drewry was a British manufacturer of specialised commercial vehicles, ranging from bin lorries to fire engines and buses. Shelvoke was founded in 1922 in Letchworth, England. In 1980 Shelvoke became part of Dempster Brothers of the US and for some time its vehicles were badged as 'Shelvoke Dempster'. However, due to financial difficulties Dempster pulled out at the end of the '80s and Shelvoke was incorporated by its rival Dennis. The name Shelvoke disappeared conpletely in 1992.
Thanks to the fantastic contributors on the Fire Engine Photos site we have quite a few photos of Shelvoke fire appliances, enjoy!
This Shelvoke TL is acting as a water tower in the Display arena at Stowmarket emergency service wee...
West Mids Shelvoke
Q68VOE Shelvoke Pump now seen here in Preservation was part of the West Midlands Fire Service.
Water tanker fire engine
This ex fire water tanker is stored on a farm in Nottinghamshire with a couple of other fire engines...
Shelvoke Pump Turning Out
Photographed at Hebburn fire station at an FBS meeting many years ago, the Shelvoke pump responding ...