Shelvoke & Drewry was a British manufacturer of specialised commercial vehicles, ranging from bin lorries to fire engines and buses. Shelvoke was founded in 1922 in Letchworth, England. In 1980 Shelvoke became part of Dempster Brothers of the US and for some time its vehicles were badged as 'Shelvoke Dempster'. However, due to financial difficulties Dempster pulled out at the end of the '80s and Shelvoke was incorporated by its rival Dennis. The name Shelvoke disappeared conpletely in 1992.
Thanks to the fantastic contributors on the Fire Engine Photos site we have quite a few photos of Shelvoke fire appliances, enjoy!
Brunei Training school
A line-up from the Brunei FS Training School.
A bus, Command Car CC9 Daihatsu 1600 4WD BG4609 1982;...
Belfast's 2 TLs & HP 1988
These three appliances are also shown in picture 2666. Pictured here on the Queen's Bridge in Belfa...